It may seem old fashioned, but meal planning can be that little gem which saves you time and money.
Planning your meals and a preparing a shopping list can save you time and money.
Planning your meals a few days or a week ahead has many advantages:
- Save money – If you shop to a list developed from your meal plan you will be less likely to impulse buy or opt for take-away because you will already have everything you need at home.
- Save – By planning your meals well, with dishes like stews or casseroles you can cook once and eat twice. You can also spend less time shopping.
- Reduce food waste – Buy only the food and the quantities you really need.
- Reduce stress – 'What's for dinner?' won't be a problem.
- Improve nutrition – Planning your meals with family members can encourage fussy eaters to try different food. Meal planning can help you enjoy a healthy, varied and balanced diet. You will be able to see which food groups you are serving and when.