Leftover food can be delicious – and a quick and easy way to make a new meal.
Need a quick meal? Then loving your leftovers may be the way to go.
No matter how hard we try, sometimes we cannot avoid leftover ingredients or extra portions. Some dishes can be specially prepared to provide more than one meal, such as casseroles or stews. With careful planning, leftovers can be a great way to save time, save money and eat well.
- Slow food today can be fast food tomorrow. Factor leftovers into your meal planning and you can enjoy fast, healthy and delicious meals.
- If you have a microwave at work, you can save money by using leftovers for lunches. Heat leftover food until it is piping hot to kill bacteria and avoid food poisoning.
- Store leftovers in family-size or individual-size airtight containers.
- If leftovers won't be consumed within 2–3 days, freeze them.
- Download the Love your Leftovers app – you'll find some great ideas.