Double check what's in your cupboard before writing your shopping list.
Before you write your shopping list double check what you already have in your cupboard. If you can keep your cupboard well stocked with items that you know you will use, you will save time by not having to travel to the shops for a single ingredient.
You can make lots of delicious meals with basics from the cupboard, from dinners through to decadent desserts!
Do you know what is in your cupboard?
Here are some great cupboard basics:
- oils, including vegetable and olive
- vinegars, including white, red wine and balsamic
- pasta, rice, couscous and noodles
- sweet and savoury biscuits
- flour, baking powder, sugar and vanilla essence
- herbs and spices, salt and pepper
- dried fruits
- lemon or lime juice
- tinned coconut milk
- tinned fruit, including peaches and pears
- tinned vegetables, including tomatoes and corn
- sauces, including soy, curry paste, tomato paste
- condiments – mustard, chutney, relish
- vegetable or other stock
- tea and coffee.
By checking your fridge, freezer and cupboard before you shop each week you will avoid buying food items that you don’t need – saving you money and reducing the amount of food you waste.