Food safety is crucial to avoid food poisoning. Food safety is easy. Follow these simple tips to stay healthy and eat well.
- Check the food labels
- Personal hygiene – always wash and dry your hands thoroughly before handling food.
- Cleanliness – keep your kitchen, food preparation and food storage areas spotlessly clean.
- Refrigerator temperature – check your fridge and freezer temperature to make sure your food is kept cool enough to stop bacteria growing.
- Prevent cross contamination – separate raw food (especially meat, poultry and seafood) from ready-to-eat food and use colour-coded chopping boards if possible.
- Store food correctly.
- Cook food thoroughly – make sure all food (especially meat, poultry and seafood) is cooked thoroughly. Heat kills bacteria.
- Heat up leftover food until it is piping hot.