A move in the ripe direction
We all know the feeling when one day your avocadoes are rock hard and next minute they are questionable. Don’t fret, you can eat the brown bits of an avocado. If you don’t want to, just cut the brown bits away and use the rest of the avocado to make this delicious aioli!
How brown is too brown for your avo and what do you do to save it from landfill?
This avocado aioli is lush and creamy. It is mouth-watering on its own and the perfect to add to a salad, sandwich or accompaniment to any dish.
Ripe avocado aioli
- 2 avocados
- 1/2 cup whole egg mayonnaise/veganaise
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 pinch chilli powder (optional)
- fresh chilli to serve
*This recipe is gluten-free, vegetarian and nut-free
1. In a food processor add garlic, avocados, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt, pepper and chilli powder.
2. Blend until completely combined and smooth.
3. Top with fresh chilli and serve.
Tip: Save your avocado seeds to compost or regrow new avocado trees.