Food Smart Schools
We’ve partnered with our colleagues at Sustainability Victoria to develop engaging lesson plans aligned with the national curriculum for children in years 1-8.
We’ve partnered with our colleagues at Sustainability Victoria to develop engaging lesson plans for children five to 13 years old.
Teachers can utilise detailed lesson plans with clear instructions and objectives. There are a number of linked worksheets and take-home activities for the students with every lesson plan.
Watch our video to see how Burwood Public School used the resources to teach students about food waste.
- Watch: Plan your meals
- Watch: Understanding date labels
- Watch: Prepare and cook perfect portions to reduce food waste
- Watch: Make the most of your leftovers
- Watch: Help your food stay fresh in your fridge
- Food wastage footprint & Climate Change by Food and Agriculture Organization of the UN (years 7 and 8)
Got a child’s question you can’t answer? Email us and we’ll get right back to you.